Please note: We will be updating this post as we get further guidance from the CDC and IDPH. We thank you for your patience and understanding and look forward to opening up more fully.
Currently, Lake County is categorized as “Substantial” in COVID-19 transmission levels. Therefore, in an effort to slow the spread and prevent us from moving into higher risk zones and tighter restrictions, Mundelein Park & Recreation District will follow both the IDPH and CDC guidelines.
- Effective Friday, August 6, the District is requiring individuals who are not vaccinated to continue to wear a face-covering indoors and strongly recommending individuals who are vaccinated to wear a face-covering indoors.
- District employees and volunteers must wear a face-covering when inside any of our facilities, regardless if they are fully vaccinated.
- Anyone entering facilities or programs with children under 12 years old will continue to be required to wear face-coverings.
- Currently, there is no change in face-covering guidance for outdoor public settings, but the District asks that all those in attendance at outdoor events be respectful of those around them and practice physical distancing.
- All patrons and employees fully vaccinated or not, must continue to monitor their symptoms for COVID-19 and refrain from visiting any of our facilities when they have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please continue to use respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene – cover your coughs and sneezes and clean your hands often with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-96% alcohol, or wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- As a matter of standard practice, our staff disinfects bathrooms, cleans classrooms, floors, fitness equipment, and frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Hand sanitizer and/or disinfectant wipes are available at all facilities and we encourage guests and staff to use these.
We will continue to monitor and follow the guidelines associated with COVID-19 on the federal, state, and county levels, as they relate to our programs and facilities and to keep the community safe. Thank you for all of your support and cooperation throughout the changes.
Beginning Friday, May 21, 2021, Mundelein Park & Recreation District will align with the latest guidance issued by the CDC and the Illinois Department of Public Health. The following adjustments are effective immediately when utilizing Mundelein Park & Recreation District’s facilities, parks, and programs:
- Individuals age 12 and older who have been fully vaccinated do not need to wear a face-covering indoors or outdoors.
- Unvaccinated adults and children under the age of 12 must continue to wear face-coverings indoors or outdoors. Outdoors, face-coverings must be worn when social distancing is not possible for unvaccinated adults and children under 12.
- Park District staff and coaches who have been vaccinated do not need to wear a face-covering unless they are leading a program with children under the age of 12.
- By entering the facility without a face-covering you are verifying truthfully that you have been fully vaccinated for at least 14 days.
The District will continue its increased safety and cleaning measures, including social distancing, throughout our facilities. All other guidance as detailed for the Bridge Phase is still in effect and can be found here: https://www2.illinois.gov/IISNews/22961-A_Bridge_to_Phase_5.pdf
If you have questions about the guidance, please contact Ron Salski, Executive Director, at 847.388.5460 or firstname.lastname@example.org.