Opened in 2006, Barefoot Bay is a six-acre family water retreat. The aquatic center offers amenities for swimmers of all ages.
- Four bodies of water at Barefoot Bay Family Aquatic Center: 7,500-square-foot combined leisure and lap swimming pool, 1,100-square-foot diving well, 2,290-square-foot enclosed wading pool for toddlers, 12,900-square-foot slide, plunge pool, and lazy river
- AquaClimb Water Wall: It’s a real workout!
- Tube Slide: Tubes for one or two riders! (minimum height requirement: 42”)
- Body Flumes: Two flumes, one completely enclosed (“in the dark”)(minimum height requirement: 42”)
- Lazy River: A 740-foot long, relaxing water journey
- Diving Well: Holds nearly 23,000 gallons of water
- Zero-Depth Pool: Walk right in, no ladder needed
- Main Pool with Floating Critter Walk: Navigate with climb-on, floating shapes, and animals
- Bathhouse and shaded concession area
- Free parking and complimentary lounge chairs
- Special events, Party Rentals
Barefoot Bay, Spray Park, and Diamond Lake Raincheck/pass policy
Safety is our top priority. Therefore, the pool, water areas, and the beach may close temporarily during severe weather conditions. If a facility closes for the day due to weather, you may be eligible for a Rain Pass. In order to take advantage of the Rain Pass policy, you must present your receipt when requesting a pass. You will also need to have been at the facility for less than two hours before the decision was made to close for the day. A Rain Pass will not be issued without a receipt. Passes will only be issued once and will not be reissued if lost or misplaced. If the temperature outside is below 70°, the Park District’s outdoor aquatics facilities will remain closed.
- You must follow the lifeguards’ instructions
- No Running
- No Horseplay
- You must be at least 42″ to use the water slides
- No sunglasses or goggles are allowed down the slides as well as the diving board and climbing wall
- Life Jackets are not allowed on slides.
- Please see facility signage for more pool rules
- You must be 11 years or older to be in the park without supervision
- The following items are NOT allowed at Barefoot Bay
- Outside Food or Drink (except bottled water)
- Life Jackets that are not United States Coast Guard Approved
Water Safety Certified Personnel
Barefoot Bay’s aquatic managers and lifeguards are all certified in water safety by the StarGuard Elite program.
Barefoot Bay features a wide array of special events throughout the season that are a “bonus extra” and with paid admission or season pass.