Mundelein Park & Recreation District is committed to connecting the community with quality recreation through diverse programs, facilities and open space.
To be the leader for environmental preservation, recreation activities and unique facilities for those we serve.
Park Rules to Remember
- Parks are open daily, dawn to dusk (unless otherwise posted)
- Be courteous to others sharing your parks
- Supervise children at all times
- Leave nature as you found it for others to enjoy and dispose of litter in proper receptacles
- Dogs are permitted in Mundelein Parks. Dogs must be leashed and pet owners/walkers must clean up after their pet.
- Golfing is permitted only at Steeple Chase Golf Club
- Vehicles must park in designated areas and stay on roads and driveways
- Vehicles left after closing will be towed at owner’s expense
- Report any vandalism to the Parks Department (847-388-5463)
- Alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and vaping products are prohibited
Sharing Your Parks
Throughout the year, remember to share your parks safely. Please watch your speed, stopping and signaling when driving around park zones. The Illinois General Assembly Law has established special traffic protections while passing parks and recreation facilities and areas. The Mundelein Police Department may issue tickets on and/or near Park District Properties to individuals who violate traffic laws.
Help Your Parks – Become a Volunteer
Create a meaningful and positive impact on your community. To learn more about volunteer opportunities, call 847-566-0650 or apply online.