Established in 1954, Mundelein Park & Recreation District has 34 park sites offering over 735 acres of open space, playgrounds, ballfields, lakes and trails. We offer over 650 seasonal programs, including: dance, youth sports, tennis, karate, golf, gymnastics, adult and youth leagues, swim instruction, art, fitness and wellness, culinary, adult day trips, science classes, and day camps. In addition, we host over 20 annual events, many free to the public.
Mundelein Park & Recreation District is committed to connecting the community with quality recreation through diverse programs, facilities and open space.
To be the leader for environmental preservation, recreation activities and unique facilities for those we serve.
Excellence: Offering our customers an excellent product and an excellent customer experience
Fun: The Park District atmosphere for staff and customers will be fun and enjoyable
Honesty: Always striving to be straightforward and fair
Inclusive: Including all regardless of ability or culture
Integrity: Earning trust every day
Invested: Committed to improving our community
Respectful: Treating everyone we encounter with respect
Responsible: Standing by our commitment to the community
- 2021 Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting (CAFR) from the Government Finance Officers Association
- 2020 IAPD Best of the Best: Power of Parks
- 2020 IAPD/IPRA 2nd Place Agency Showcase
The Mundelein Community Center is the central hub of the park district. In addition to the registration office, The Mundelein Community Center is home to the Health & Fitness Center, Indoor Pool, and Big & Little Development Center. Programs and events for all ages are held at the Mundelein Community Center throughout the year.
- The Health & Fitness Center – cardio equipment, free weights, indoor track, gymnasium, group exercise classes, indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, locker rooms, and showers
- Big & Little Development Center – state-licensed daycare center for up to 103 children ages two to six
- Indoor Pool
Opened in 2006, The Barefoot Bay Family Aquatic Center enjoys 6 acres of water thrills and fun. Open from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day.
- Zero depth entry pool
- Two water slides
- Diving well with diving board & climbing wall
- Lazy River
Diamond Lake Recreation Center is located on 100 acres. It includes a pristine lake, sand beach, grassy areas, and shaded picnic grove. During summer, the facility is the hub for Diamond Lake Beach, a recreational destination for swimming, boating, fishing, paddle boat and shelter rentals, special events and more.
The Diamond Lake Recreation Center is open throughout the year for fun and educational programs, including the Learning Center Preschool for ages 3 to Pre-K. Children learn in a fun, picturesque and safe environment.
- Learning Center Preschool – help develop socialization skills preparing children for kindergarten
- Diamond Lake Beach — swimming, picnic area and paddle boats
- Boat launch – motorboat launch
The Dunbar Recreation Center is a 12,000 ft. facility opened in 2018. Its sleek modern design features countless windows that take advantage of natural light and picturesque views. The Center features a gymnasium, a dance/exercise studio, two multi-purpose rooms, and an instructional kitchen. The exterior has a large patio area for outside activities.
- Rec Connection, a before and after school for District 75
- Home for Mundelein Trails Summer camp
- Mundelein Dance and Exercise Classes
- Rental opportunities
The Kracklauer Dance Studio is located in beautiful Kracklauer Park and home to our Mundelein Dance program.
- Classes offered include ballet, jazz, tap, creative dance and hip hop
The Regent Center, situated in Cambridge Country Park, is home to activities and programs geared to active adults ages 50+. The facility has a large room available to rent on Fridays and weekends.
- Serving the needs and interests of area residents aged 50+
- Large room available for rental (seats 110)
The hidden gem of Lake County, Steeple Chase Golf Club is an 18 hole championship golf course designed by Ken Killian, nestled on over 200 acres. Steeple Chase Golf Club is an ideal location for your corporate or private outing. Custom packages are available.