Report any vandalism to the Parks & Facility Maintenance Department, 847.388.5463. Mundelein Police enforce park district laws and have the authority to ticket & arrest violators, for emergencies call 911.
- If the Park District reschedules or cancels a class, a full refund will be issued automatically by the Park District. A Refund Request Form is not required.
- If you are withdrawing from a program at least one week prior to the start of a program, a 100% refund will be granted. A Refund Request Form must be completed.
- If you are withdrawing from a program less than one week prior to the start of a program, a 100% refund will be granted minus a $5 service charge per registrant, per program. A Refund Request Form must be completed.
- If you are withdrawing or requesting a refund after the program has begun, a refund is not guaranteed. A Refund Request Form must be completed. It will be reviewed by the Program Supervisor. If it is a medical reason, a doctor’s note must be included with the refund.
- No refunds will be given once a program or session has ended.
- Refunds for cash or check payments will be made by check. Please allow two to four weeks. Refunds for credit card transactions will be applied to the card used.
- *Refunds will not be approved on Health & Fitness Center memberships.
A positive approach is used regarding discipline. Staff periodically reviews rules with participants during programs. If inappropriate or unacceptable behavior occurs, a prompt resolution will be sought and the Behavior Code of Conduct will be used as a guideline. The Park District reserves the right to remove a participant whose actions endanger the safety of himself or others.
The Behavior Code of Conduct includes:
- Show respect to all participants, staff, and volunteers
- Follow directions from staff and volunteers
- Show respect to equipment, supplies, and facilities
- Will not use inappropriate, abusive, or foul language
- Will not show any disruptive or aggressive behavior (hitting, punching, slapping, kicking, biting, etc.), regardless of whether the behavior is initiated or in retaliation
Termination of Participant
MPRD reserves the right to terminate the participation of any individual in any Park District program, event, or facility for disruptive behavior or if it is considered by the Park District that continued participation of the individual is not in the best interest of the participant or others.
Rain Check/Pass Policy
Barefoot Bay, Spray Park, and Diamond Lake
Safety is our top priority. Therefore, the pool, water areas, and the beach may close temporarily during severe weather conditions. If a facility closes for the day due to weather, you may be eligible for a Rain Pass. In order to take advantage of the Rain Pass policy, you must present your receipt when requesting a pass. You will also need to have been at the facility for less than two hours before the decision was made to close for the day. A Rain Pass will not be issued without a receipt. Passes will only be issued once and will not be re-issued if lost or misplaced. If the temperature outside is below 70°, the Park District’s outdoor aquatics facilities will remain closed.
Policy at Steeple Chase
If the golf course closes due to inclement weather and golfers must leave the course, a rain check is issued (prorated) for the number of holes outstanding/not completed in the paid round. Golfers can redeem the certificate for play at a later date. More details are available at the course or by calling 847.949.8900.
Health & Fitness Center and Indoor Pool
Health & Fitness Center Membership
Member ID cards must be scanned at each visit. Membership is not valid for specialty classes, (classes that require a program number to register). Schedules are posted online. Mundelein Park & Recreation District reserves the right to cancel any exercise class due to continued low participation.
The swim area locker room is available for use. Young children, not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper and tight-fitting plastic pants or a tight-fitting swimsuit.