Welcome to Barefoot Bay Family Aquatic Center.
Barefoot Bay is a six-acre, family water retreat. The aquatic center offers amenities for swimmers of all ages. Please view Barefoot Bay’s amenities below or follow the links to read more about the park.
1461 N Midlothian Road
Mundelein, IL 60060
Thanks for a great season. Barefoot Bay is now closed. We’ll see you next year!
Please note: Children 10 and under must be attended by a person aged 16 or older.
To get full details on the status of a facility or program, click RainoutLine box below, and hover over the green, yellow or red symbol of the facility you want information about.
What are your hours of operations? (closed for the season)
What are your Daily Fees? (closed for the season)
Where are you located?
- Barefoot Bay is located at 1461 N. Midlothian Road
- The Spray Park is located at 1401 N. Midlothian Road
- Beach is located at 1016 Diamond Lake Road
If I leave does my daily admission cover the entire day? Can I come back?
- Yes, we have a hand stamp process. Please see a cashier for assistance.
Are their capacity limits?
What happens when you reach capacity?
Does my child need a physical pass if he is under the age of 2 years old?
- No, but we will add him/her to your family household account.
Height requirements for slides?
- 42 inches
What kind of lifejacket can I bring? Are lifejackets available? Can I use water wings or floaties?
- PFDs must be coast guard approved.
- PFDs are available at the facility.
How do I set up a group rental?
- Please contact Erica De Luca, Aquatics Manager, at 847.388.5470 or email@example.com for all rental inquiries. No rentals on Monday
How do I plan a birthday party?
- Please contact Erica De Luca, Aquatics Manager, at 847.388.5470 or firstname.lastname@example.org for all birthday party inquiries.
- Birthday parties are 2 hours. All paper products are provided, 2 cheese pizza, beverages, and a reserved eating area.
- Fees: $225 resident/$325 non-resident for 1-10 people. Extra $10 for each additional person.
When do you open for the season? Close?
- Closed for the season after Labor Day
- Hours of operation are subject to change
Will any attractions at Barefoot Bay be closed?
- Attractions may be closed due to staffing availability. The lazy river is the first attraction to be closed, followed by the diving board or tot pool. We will do everything possible to keep all attractions open.
Can I bring in my own food? Cooler fee? Will concessions be open?
- No outside food is permitted
- No coolers
- Concessions will be opened
Youth: $10 resident/$15 nonresident
Adult: $10 resident/$15 nonresident
Senior (Ages 55+): $8 resident/$13 nonresident
Effective Thursday, August 12:
With our reduced summer hours and part of our amenities possibly closed, our Daily Fees have changed until Labor Day (or end of the Season)
Four or more:
Senior, ages 55+:
740 ft. Lazy River
Zero Depth Pool & Lap Lanes
Fenced Tot & Swim Area
Single & Double Tube Slides
12 ft. Dive Well & Diving Board
Climb on Floating Water Walk
AquaClimb Water Wall