Welcome to Barefoot Bay Family Aquatic Center.
Barefoot Bay is a six-acre, family water retreat. The aquatic center offers amenities for swimmers of all ages. Please view Barefoot Bay’s amenities below or follow the links to read more about the park.
First time visiting since COVID? You will need to set up an account with us for contact tracing purposes. Save time in line and do it before you go!
1461 N Midlothian Road
Mundelein, IL 60060
2021 Season Dates
Regular season, Monday-Sunday: June 5–Aug 15 (closed weekdays starting August 16)
Weekends Only: Aug 21–Sep 6
(Dates subject to change)
Season Pass Holders: 10 am-8 PM
General Admission: 11 am-8 pm
Group Rentals ONLY (No rentals on Mondays): 10:30 am
Season Pass Holders: 10 am-7 PM
General Admission: 11 am-7 pm
Holiday Hours: (Does not include Labor Day): 11 am-6 pm
End of Season Hours: (Including Labor Day): 12 pm-6 pm
Please note: Children 10 and under must be attended by a person aged 16 or older.
To get full details on the status of a facility or program, click RainoutLine box below, and hover over the green, yellow or red symbol of the facility you want information about.
What are your hours of operations?
- Monday – Thursday 11 am – 8 pm
- Friday – Sunday 11 am – 7 pm
- Pass holders enter at 10 am
What are your Daily Fees?
- Barefoot Bay Resident daily rate: Youth (3 and up) $10, Adult $10, Senior $8
- Barefoot Bay nonresident daily rate: Youth (3 and up) $15, Adult $15, Senior $13
- Diamond Lake Beach: $5/7
- Spray Park: $0/$4
Where are you located?
- Barefoot Bay is located at 1461 N. Midlothian Road
- The Spray Park is located at 1401 N. Midlothian Road
- Beach is located at 1016 Diamond Lake Road
- Masks are required upon entry and while visiting our concessions area, using the locker rooms.
- 15-minute safety breaks occur during the day. Typically at 12 pm, 2 pm, 4 pm
- Deep cleaning occurs overnight and throughout the day.
Do I need to sign up for time slots?
- Time slot reservations are not required at Barefoot Bay or Diamond Lake Beach this time. We may occasionally reach capacity
If I leave does my daily admission cover the entire day? Can I come back?
- Yes, we have a hand stamp process. Please see a cashier for assistance.
Are their capacity limits?
- At this time Barefoot Bay is operating at 60% capacity with 900 persons.
- (If pushed) capacity will remain for the short term of 60% due to the lifeguard shortage. Capacity will be expanded once more staff are hired.
What happens when you reach capacity?
- We post signage in front of the building and update Rainoutline.com
- A line is started and as patrons leave we are able to get more guests into the park.
- Average wait times are 20-30 minutes
Does my child need a physical pass if he is under the age of 2 years old?
- No, but we will add him/her to your family household account.
Height requirements for slides?
- 42 inches
What kind of lifejacket can I bring? Are lifejackets available? Can I use water wings or floaties?
- PFDs must be coast guard approved.
- PFDs are available at the facility.
How do I set up a group rental?
- Please contact Erica De Luca, Aquatics Manager, at 847.388.5470 or firstname.lastname@example.org for all rental inquiries. No rentals on Monday
How do I plan a birthday party?
- Please contact Erica De Luca, Aquatics Manager, at 847.388.5470 or email@example.com for all birthday party inquiries.
- Birthday parties are 2 hours. All paper products are provided, 2 cheese pizza, beverages, and a reserved eating area.
- Fees: $225 resident/$325 non-resident for 1-10 people. Extra $10 for each additional person.
When do you open for the season? Close?
- June 5-Aug 15, only open on weekends from Aug 21-Sep 6
- Closed for the season: Sept 6
- Hours of operation are subject to change
Will any attractions at Barefoot Bay be closed?
- Attractions may be closed due to staffing availability. The lazy river is the first attraction to be closed, followed by the diving board or tot pool. We will do everything possible to keep all attractions open.
Can I bring in my own food? Cooler fee? Will concessions be open?
- No outside food is permitted
- No coolers
- Concessions will be opened
Youth: $10 resident/$15 nonresident
Adult: $10 resident/$15 nonresident
Senior (Ages 55+): $8 resident/$13 nonresident
Individual: $75 resident/$120 nonresident (each)
Four or more: $60 resident/$100 nonresident (each)
Senior, ages 55+: $60 resident/$100 nonresident (each)
740 ft. Lazy River
Zero Depth Pool & Lap Lanes
Fenced Tot & Swim Area
Single & Double Tube Slides
12 ft. Dive Well & Diving Board
Climb on Floating Water Walk
AquaClimb Water Wall
Monday–Thursday, June 15–July 30
(no Water Walk July 1–4)
Start your mornings off with a refreshing workout in the lazy river. Walk against the current and get your blood pumping! Free for fitness center members and Barefoot Bay season pass holders, otherwise $5 daily.